Brentwood Town Centre
Lougheed Town Centre
Nanaimo North Town Centre
The Shape Websites and Shape Shopping Centres are also governed by the Terms and Conditions, as noted below.
We take your right to privacy seriously and want you to feel comfortable using the Shape Websites and visiting the Shape Shopping Centres. This policy explains the type of personal information we may collect from you, how it may be used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, birth date, medical records, and credit records.
Collection of Personal Information
Shape Websites and Shape Shopping Centres do not automatically collect personal information such as your name, address, telephone number or email address when you visit. We may request visitors volunteer to provide personal information such as name, home address, e-mail address, age, income, interests and gender for such purposes as:
- to send newsletters
- to conduct surveys
- to allow your participation in online interactive activities
- to respond to your inquiries and information requests
- to provide products and services you request
- to allow you to participate in contests and promotions
- to process and keep track of transactions and report back to you
- to protect against fraud and error
- to recommend products and services that Shape believes will be of interest to you
- to comply with legal and government regulations
- to monitor traffic to the Shape Websites
- to monitor traffic to the Shape Shopping Centres
We may also use this information to better understand your needs and preferences and to recommend particular products and services that may meet your needs. We do not request sensitive personal information, such as racial or ethnic origin or health or medical data. Unless you have opted out, from time to time we may share such information with other businesses, including our Shape Shopping Centre retailers and advertisers. We will only share such information with third parties whose policies regarding personal information are consistent with our privacy policies and where we have your express or implied consent to do so. If you object to our sharing of your personal information with other businesses, or if you do not wish to receive marketing communication from us or our partners, you may contact us at any time. Understand that you can withdraw your consent whenever you want, unless legal requirements prevent this. However, not allowing us to use this information about you may mean that we may not be able to provide you with certain products and services. Additionally, we do provide personal data to agents who perform services for us (such as fulfillment companies) but these agents are not permitted to use the data for any other purposes. We do not require that any personal information be provided in order to view the Shape Websites or visit Shape Shopping Centres .
If the personal information we acquire is collected for a reason other than to provide products and services, your consent will be requested at or before the time the information is collected.
Consent to Use Personal Information
Consent to use of your personal information may be obtained in various ways. We may obtain your express consent or we may determine that consent has been implied by the circumstances. Express consent could be in writing (for example in a signed consent, e-mail or application form), or verbally in person or over the telephone. When we receive personal information from you that enables us to provide you with a requested product or service, your consent to allow us to deal with that personal information in a reasonable manner would be implied. If you need to provide personal information about other individuals (such as employees, dependents, etc.), you must first obtain their consent for these purposes prior to your disclosure to us.
By accessing Shape Websites Web servers serving the Shape Websites may automatically collect information about which pages you visit, as well as your IP address or domain name. We may use this information for internal business purposes. Examples of internal business purposes include tailoring the content of the Shape Websites, and assessing the amount of traffic to the Shape Websites. We may also provide this information on an aggregated, anonymous basis to our marketing partners and/or advertisers.
Providing us with your personal information is always your choice. When you request services from us, we ask that you provide information that enables us to respond to your request. In doing so, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure to appropriate third parties of such personal information for these purposes. You also authorize us to use and retain this personal information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described above. Your consent remains valid even after the termination of our relationship with you, unless you provide us with written notice that such consent is withdrawn. By withdrawing your consent, or not providing it in the first place, you may limit or even prevent us from being able to provide you or an authorized third party (such as an employer) with the products or services desired.
In certain circumstances, consent cannot be withdrawn, such as where personal information is required for insurance policy issuance or renewal, insurance underwriting or claims administration of current policies. There are also legal exceptions where we will not need to obtain consent or explain the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information. For example, this exception would apply if there is an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual, or if we must comply with a court order.
Personal Information of Minors
Shape takes our responsibilities to our younger visitors seriously. In addition to the steps we take to safeguard the privacy and integrity of personal information submitted by adults, we adhere to the following principles and practices regarding the personal information of children under the age of Majority of their Province of residence:
- In general, we assume that any personal information that might be submitted by minors is done so with the express or implied consent on the minors parent or guardian, and do not knowingly collect personal information from Minors via the Shape Websites or at the Shape Shopping Centres without the consent of their parent or guardian. If we require Minors to register or to otherwise disclose personal information to participate in the activities in any youth-focused section of the Shape Websites, we make effort to limit the kind of information they are required to provide so as limit required personal information. .
- We may offer Minors the opportunity to enter promotions or contests via the Shape Websites or at the Shape Shopping Centres. In this case, the Minor will be asked only to provide his or her name and address or email address, as well as his or her parent's or guardian’s email address. We will use the information only to notify the contest winners, and will require that the winner's parent or guardian provide us with whatever information is needed to provide the prize.
- We may also post information on the Shape Websites about other promotions or contests that are open to Minors but that require other personal information (such as home address or favourite sport) to enter. For these contests, Minors may be required to print a paper entry form from the Shape Websites and have their parent or guardian sign and mail or fax the form to us, or may be provided the option to have Minors parent or guardian confirm their consent using and online or email format . Minors are not permitted to provide personal information via the Shape Websites or to enter these contests online without the express or implied consent of their parent or guardian.
- Ultimately, it is the responsibility of a Minor’s parent or guardian to ensure that the Minor does not disclose personal information online. Accordingly, Shape assumes that all personal information submitted by Minors through the Shape Websites is provided with the full and explicit consent of both the Minor and the Minor’s parent or guardian.
Keeping Information Accurate
It is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. You have the right to access, verify and amend the information we have about you. We rely on you to keep us informed of any changes, such as a change of address, telephone number or any other circumstances – simply go to the Shape Website and update your information, contact your local shopping centre representative.
Despite our best efforts, errors sometimes do occur. If you identify any personal information that is out-of-date, incorrect or incomplete, let us know and we will make the corrections promptly and use every reasonable effort to communicate these changes to other parties who may have inadvertently received incorrect or out-of-date personal information from us.
How We Safeguard Personal Information
At Shape, we employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our systems and all personal information under our control against unauthorized access and use. All safety and security measures are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information collected.
Our service providers and agents are required to maintain client confidentiality, and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
Employees are governed by strict standards and policies to ensure that personal information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect.
Privacy and the Internet
Please contact our Privacy Officer to obtain further information about our policies and procedures or if you have any unresolved enquiries or concerns. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows:
Mail: Attention: Privacy Officer - Brentwood Town Centre #260-4567 Lougheed Hwy, Burnaby, BC V5C 3Z6
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 604-299-2281